Adress: Lenin avenue, 60
Phone number: 8(351) 265-18-44
Tues, Sun – 12:00 - 20:00
Wed - Sat – f9:00 - 20:00
Sun, Mon – days off
Readers are provided with a free access to: Internet resources, local library databases, full-text databases acquired by the library, and a library stock of electronic publication. Remote access to electronic libraries’ stocks is possible from the computers of the department:
• Digital Dissertation Library of the RSL – access to the texts of dissertations in the electronic form received by the Russian State Library. The DDL RSL contains the full texts of dissertations and abstracts in all fields, except medicine and pharmacy.
• The National Digital Library is the collection of the stocks of the public libraries in Russia at the federal, regional, municipal levels, libraries of scientific and educational institutions, as well as owners. NEL users can: find printed books they need in the nearest library; find an electronic copy of the book in the NEL for remote work in the reading room of the nearest library or at home; view digitized editions limited by copyright, from the reading room of the CRSUL connected to the NEL.
• The Digital library circulation of the Central Scientific Medical Library provides readers with the opportunity to search, order and browse through the Internet the full texts of any documents from the CSML stock, the largest medical library in Europe with a collection of more than 4 million items.
• “Archive of scientific journals” – the following collections are available for library readers: Annual Reviews; Cambridge University Press; IOP Publishing; Oxford University Press; SAGE Publications; Nature magazine.
• eLIBRARY is an electronic library of scientific publications with a rich search and analysis of scientific information. The library has abstracts and full texts of more than 26 million scientific articles and publications, including electronic versions of more than 5,300 Russian scientific and technical journals.
There is an opportunity to register with the service Virtual abonement for remote access to subscribed digital libraries. The virtual library circulation contains books and periodicals from full-text electronic library systems and databases:
• LitRes Library – a library catalogue of modern literature in electronic form. There is a large amount of electronic and audio books, among them – the current bestsellers and classics, educational, scientific, popular science literature. The library widely represents historical and documentary literature – biographies and memoirs, books on art and culture. The LitRes catalogue contains works in foreign languages.
• ELS URAIT is a virtual reading room containing textbooks and manuals by authors from leading Russian universities in economic, legal, humanitarian and pedagogical, engineering and technical, natural science and agricultural areas and specialties.
• “University library online” (“Университетская библиотека онлайн”) is an digital library of educational and scientific literature in all branches of knowledge from leading Russian publishing houses. It contains textbooks, manuals, monographs, periodicals, reference books, dictionaries, encyclopedias, video and audio materials, illustrated publications on art, non-fiction and fiction literature.
• ZNANIUM.COM – the library of the INFRA-M Publishing House includes textbooks and teaching aids, monographs and articles, dissertations and autoabstracts, collections of scientific papers, encyclopedias, reference books, legislative and regulatory documents, scientific periodicals, available in a single virtual space. Encyclopedia ZNANIUM.COM contains hundreds of thousands of articles on various topics from dozens of high-quality reference books, dictionaries and encyclopedias. Intelligent search and analysis of scientific publications of the INFRA-M Publishing House is available in the ELS.
• EastView – a collection of periodicals. The database contains journals of institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences, independent scientific publications, as well as “thick” literary and art magazines, such as “Новый мир”, “Дружба народов”, “Знамя”, “Звезда”, etc.
• Educational literature is also presented in the ELS IPRbooks, “Lan’” publishing house, Global F5 Library, BOOK.ru.
Users can work in office programs, copy documents on color and black-and-white printers and scan printed materials.
The department supervises the service Ask a Librarian, which responds to one-time requests of remote users related to information search across the whole range of subject areas using the library's bibliographic reference and Internet resources.